Thanks for visiting our Job Board. Schupan & Sons, Inc. is a talent-based organization. We believe that selecting individuals based upon their unique talents and abilities results in a workforce where people naturally perform their best, to the benefit of both the individual and the organization. Please review our openings and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.
SUMMARY: Seasonal Sustainable Event Operations Specialists are responsible for executing and managing clients’ onsite sustainable programs. Candidate may be required to work early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned and management retains the discretion to add, delete, or change the duties at any time)
• Set up event venue per plan and ensure staff, equipment, inventory and supplies are in place before the event, properly managed during the event, and safely removed at the conclusion of the event
• Manage the sustainable events program onsite to ensure its successful execution. This may include servicing of recycling and trash bins and sorting recyclable material into the correct container.
• Communicates with Schupan staff, event staff, vendors, and stakeholders to resolve issues and build a working relationship
• Performs all job duties in a friendly and courteous manner and adheres to all safety requirements particular to the equipment
• Prompt, reliable customer service
• Properly completes all paperwork associated with the program execution
• Wear proper PPE protective equipment at all times
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance
• Exhibits behaviors that reflect the company core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Tenacity, Compassion & Diversity
OTHER FUNCTIONS • Transports equipment to event locations for delivery and pickup
• Loading and unloading of trucks and trailers at the office and event location
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited: heat, humidity, cold, snow and rain
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred, not required, candidate has at least some event management experience or sustainable industry knowledge or experience.
Final candidate may be subject to a background check and drug screen.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
• A positive attitude, and well-kept appearance
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal work instruction and safety standards
• Ability to work alone and with a team in a collaborative environment
• Organized and detailed orientated
• Ability to follow timelines and execute event plans
• Can work long hours, for consecutive days
• Can work early morning, late night, weekend or holidays
• Is open to learning more about the event sustainable industry
• Ability to lift 50 pounds