We're looking for a CDL-A driver with great customer service skills to drive our "night shift" which starts around 4:00/5:00 pm at our Wixom location. We require a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
A partner company of Schupan & Sons, UBCR is a key player in the successful Michigan beverage container deposit system.
UBCR's role in the deposit system is to collect, transport and process empty beverage containers for Michigan's largest retailers.
Driver must have a minimum of 2 years CDL-A driving experience. UBCR is the exclusive pick-up agent for the Michigan Soft Drink Association and the Michigan Beer and Wine Wholesalers Association, picking up more than 100 million cases from 600+ stores for more than 100 wholesalers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drives tractor trailer combination to pick up empty beverage containers from customers (grocery stores).
- Picks up full UBCR Bins containing empty beverage containers (aluminum, plastic and glass) and replaces all full bins with the appropriate number of empty bins.
- Takes an inventory of UBCR Bins at customer locations.
- Always represents UBCR in a courteous and professional manner internally and with customers.
- Inspects equipment (tractor, trailer and pallet jack) for defects before and after trips and submits Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) detailing equipment deficiencies. Acknowledges all corrective repairs defined on DVIR.
- Completes all job duties in a safe manner and wears proper personal protective equipment when required.
- Effective communication which includes immediately reporting equipment deficiencies and/or safety concerns to supervisor and Support Services.
- Correctly operates, without damage or loss, all UBCR equipment including: Pallet Jack, Handheld Wireless Phone, Handheld Scanner and any other UBCR assets required to complete the job function.
Qualifications and Skills
Driver must have a minimum of 2 years CDL-A driving experience.
- Complies with all UBCR, LLC company policies as well as all federal, state and local laws.
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to assist associates with loading UBCR bins onto UBCR trailers.
Benefits and Perks
- Company paid uniform
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Paid vacation and Personal Time Off
- 401k qualified retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Company paid Long Term / Short Term disability insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- Industry leading Health Benefits
Home every day - no over the road sleepovers!